Thursday, January 20, 2011

Memories

Tomorrow, 21 January 2011 marks Ceilidh's 8th birthday. There are some days when I still find not having her in my life extremely difficult. This has been especially true when I've had a particularly good day with Beckett. At the end of the day I usually find, as the song "Just a Dream" says; "I was thinkin about her, thinkin about me. Thinkin about us, what we gonna be? Open my eyes, yeah; it was only just a dream." And it's hard waking from the dream as I had expected Ceilidh to be with me for many more years.

As hard as it may be sometimes, I do find it helps to look at old photos and video so I decided to do a video collage of photos of my three Angels at the Bridge: Duffy, Gryffon and Ceilidh. The rainbow clip in the video is due to the thoughtfulness of Lyne L and was taken at the first fun trial that Beckett was entered in after the loss of my dear little Ceilidh.


I hear people say that they have a "heart dog" and I find it difficult to understand how one dog could be a "heart dog" while another is not. My Angels were such wonderful souls, each different but each held a special place in my heart. Maybe I've been lucky and they were all my "heart dogs". 

I don't want this post to be maudlin but rather a celebration of the time I had with them, just wish that time could have been longer. So I'll end this post with some lyrics from Just a Dream and Halo:

"And now they're gone and you wish you could give them everything."

But at least "Standing in the light of your halos, I got my angels now".

Never far from my thoughts and forever in my heart!!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful video. All three dogs were so beautiful and spirited. Gryffon looks so much like Oreo, and Duffy reminds me of my Munchkin.

    They are all so special, and I wish they could have spent more time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say...Happy Birthday Ceilidh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, that was so beautiful. Wonderful photos to help remember your angels by, and the song is just perfect.

    I had to look up "maudlin" :-)

    I have to admit I'm one of the people for whom not all of my dogs have been my heart dogs. I've had four dogs total, two have been, and two have not. Not that I didn't/don't love the other two, but there's just an extra-special connection with a heart dog. I think it's a special gift that all of your dogs have been heart dogs. Here's someone's blog post with a few thoughts about "heart dogs": greyhoundscansit.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-is-heart-dog.html

    And yes, happy birthday to Ceilidh. I still think of her often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful tribute to your three beautiful dogs! They were very special and they were loved by you too. All our dogs are our 'heart dogs' as we love all of them.
    The video is really sweet and i love the song.
    Happy Birthday to Ceilidh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, when I watched the video, I admit having a lump in my throat. I like to think that Ceilidh is giving you a "wink" and wishing you a "Here's looking at you kids".

    I currently have only one dog, but will start another grand adventure with the arrival of a new puppy in February. Jasmine has been there so much for me, I'm living with the constant fear that the new puppy won't be as important to me, or I'll neglect Jazz. Your words comfort me. There is space in my home for a second pooch. I just have to give everyone a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute to such gorgeous pups. Happy birthday, Ceilidh!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.