Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting Ready for Summer Hoildays

In two weeks, I begin my summer holidays. I'm taking the month of August off but I'm sure it won't seem long enough.

The first weekend of my holiday, I'll be going camping with some friends and their dogs. I've decided only to take Beckett with me and Tucker will have a sleepover at my neighbour Julie's house.
So this weekend, we're going to begin to get ready. I'll put my utility trailer in the garage and begin to pack my camping gear. That's the nice thing about the trailer is that I can pack it up and leave it packed, then all I really need to pack in the car is food and clothes. Tonight I bought Beckett a life jacket.

Beckett sporting his new life jacket.
Last summer on our camping trip, he didn't want to go in at all; he might have had a little scare earlier in the summer when he ran into the water at Cape Jouramain, NB and found himself being lifted off his feet by the waves. I've only had one Sheltie, Gryffon who liked water and even he didn't like to swim.

Gryffon
The following weekend, I'll be driving back down to New Brunswick. While I'm there I'm going to put on a little agility demonstration at the Nursing Home where my Mum resides and Beckett and I will compete in an agility trial in Shediac River.

I get back home on the 16th and right now I have no special plans for what I'll do the rest of the month. I may do a bit more camping and I've been checking out B&Bs that allow pets. I also have some things around the house that I'd like to get done and it's always nice when you don't have to rush.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that time off is going to fly by! You have lots of fun things planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like it'll be an awesome change- glad you will be able to get to NB again

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.