Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oops

At our last Euro-style agility class we were doing backwards threadles. It didn't always work out so well for me.


At the point where I took the fall, we are supposed to move (run) backwards, call the dog in to us then send them out over the jump that Beckett took coming towards me, then pull them through the two jumps and send them back out over the second jump. When it works it works beautifully but not this time.

Beckett did jump this course beautifully for the most part. It's really pretty amazing as in this class we were not allowed to use verbal cues only our body language and position tells the dog what to do. I can see in the video where Beckett knocked the bar that I hadn't given him any cue as to what he was supposed to do so he chose correctly to do the jump but wasn't really in a good position for the take-off.

Believe me, we ran this course again right after this and got through the whole thing. It felt awesome.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like your head hit the ground. Im glad you are ok. Those darn threadles. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did but the floor is rubber and I've got a hard head.

      Delete
  2. Love how Beckett came right over to you when you fell.

    I've never even heard of backwards threadles! Maybe I need to master forward ones before we try backwards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen them used but never tried them myself too worried I'd fall on my butt. They worked great with Beckett though. Hopefully I'll get the video of the next run as it worked great.

      Delete
  3. At least Beckett came over to see if you were alright :) Grass indoors brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.