Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Today is my mother's 80th birthday. She lives in a nursing home in New Brunswick and next week one of my sisters and I will be going down to visit with her for a couple days. I wish I could spend more time with her but the cost to travel limits how often I can go down.

Mum's birthday has me thinking though about family and what's important in life.. and like the song says, life is about the people you love.  The song is one by Lynn Miles; she's a musician from right here in Ottawa. I made this video with family photos, some are not the best as they are scans of old family photos but the feeling is there.  In life, the people you love are all that really matters so we need to cherish them and tell them they are loved.



My mother Anne and brother Terence

Anne with her mother Louise and brothers Terence and Philip
Anne with a doll

Graduation from Teacher's College
In the air reserves. 
Mum and Dad with all of us, 40th wedding anniversary
Mum and Dad
Mum with some of her brothers and sisters
Birthday Girl!
Love you, Mum! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mum. Have a fabulous Friday and we hope her special day is extra good.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mum! We liked looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Happy Birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday to your Mom! Love the photos! Today is Dakota's birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B'Day to your mum! Nice to look back on the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.