Thursday, February 11, 2016

Three Day Quote Challenge - Day Two



Today's quote you can file under the heading of "Things my Mother Told Me". When I was much younger, we kids would always say, I wish it was summer, I wish it was Christmas, or I wish I was old enough to drive and my Mum would say, "Stop wishing your lives away; it will fly by when you are older. Enjoy your youth."

"Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment."


I found the quote when looking for one to capture that idea of what my mother told us so many years ago. It sounds simple but it is pretty hard to do; don't we all just wait for Friday. I know I find it hard; especially now that I have completed 35 years of military and civilian public service time. I've paid all that I can into the pension but have two more years to do before my civilian pension is not penalized. That combined with the Rhine River cruise that I'm doing in September with two of my sisters and one of my brothers-in-law has me wishing it was already summer and wishing I was already retired.  That would be two years of my life gone, think what I might have missed. I'm going to try and take my own advice and enjoy each day.

All Things Collie is also doing the challenge if you want to read their quote of the day.


4 comments:

  1. Love this! It is how I am trying to live my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quote and one that everyone should try to live their life by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo guilty of waiting for that perfect moment (which never arrives!!) Thank you for sharing this DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I'm counting the years to retirement/summer break/spring break (even though I'm on winter break now), but I am also trying to enjoy the everyday moments too.

    I'm working on being present....but its hard!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.