Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Three Day Quote Challenge

I wasn't challenged but I decided to go ahead with this challenge anyway, probably because I wasn't challenged to do it.

If you want to see where I got the idea, hop over to Dakota's Den.


I used to keep a journal when I was in my teens, where I wrote down, by hand, poems, quotes and sayings that touched me in some way. One quote that is in my book, yes I still have the book although it's been many a year since I wrote in it, is:

"The main issue in life is not the victory but the fight, the essential thing is not to have won but to have fought well."

In my journal, I have no author of that quote recorded so I did a little Google search and I found it is attributed to Pierre de Coubertin, the father of the Modern Day Olympics.


I think this quote has great meaning for most of us. So very few of us achieve great victories but that doesn't mean we can't take satisfaction from taking part and doing our best and we certainly can all enjoy our small victories. I'll never be a great athlete but I can take take pride in setting goals and achieving them.  For me, those goals are in dog agility. And to reach them I have to work (struggle) to develop a close partnership with my dogs. I find it so rewarding when things all come together, the journey there (the fight) is certainly as rewarding as the victory (the ribbon or qualifying score).


2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooooooo happy that you participated!!!!! I am always hesitant about choosing people because most times, when I am chosen I don't participate. I LOVE the quote you chose because it shows that winning is NOT everything, but the fact that one TRIES and FIGHTS is most important!! (((hugs)))) DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! Seems like a lot of us dog bloggers are quote fanatics.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.